Monday 30 July 2012

"Robot Birthday Party"


My 2 year old Grandson had been looking forward to his July birthday ever since his little brother turned one in March. For four months he talked about his"Robot Party". When I found out they would be visiting for his birthday I knew I had to make it special. 

Waiting for the party to start and having a few snacks






I found these large "u-build it" robots at Winners in the clearance section.
 How lucky was that?


Cousins!







Even baby brother sat at the table!


THE FOOD:


Robot party food



 
The birthday boy's favorite M&Ms.





Robot sandwiches


Fruit Robot


birthday cupcakes


We made marshmallow robots!



Surveying the ingredients for the robots.



Marshmallow Robots
Working on it...



Just a little taste!



Amelia's finished product.



THE TREAT BAGS:

 The take home candy  had its own little bag.



Michaels had all kinds of Robot treats including puzzles, wind-ups, pencils 
and pencil cases, stickers etc.



A full page sticker  decorated the gift bag.


As part of the birthday gift I made Levi a few more pages for his Quiet Book 
including this one :

Robot quiet book page.
The patterns for the robot page are found here.


All in all we had a good day!

6 comments:

  1. We definitely did! Great party!! :)
    He keeps asking "Is my robot birthday over?", and "Will I have another robot birthday?".
    Thanks XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could have another party anytime you want to come. xo

      Delete
  2. So many neat ideas! I want to make a marshmallow robot :) No wonder Levi keeps asking "Will I have another robot birthday?" even I want one now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lena. Come for a visit, I have a lot of the supplies left over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you find the decorations?
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I designed and printed all of the paper decorations.
      The robots were taken from a pdf file that my daughter purchased. I only used a few of them and took the backgrounds out in photoshop. i could not find the site but the same page is available here:
      https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/58386475/vintage-retro-robots-digital-download



      Delete

comments